About the position:
An opportunity has arisen for a team leader to join the housekeeping department at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
The main tasks and responsibilities of this role:
- Liaise and cooperate with the front office to ensure all areas are ready as required by the department.
- Liaises with banquets and food and beverage service to ensure all areas are ready as required for service.
- Is constantly aware of the state of the rooms to obtain a maximum of vacant rooms for sale.
- Liaise and cooperate with the engineering department for all maintenance repairs to be carried out in the various areas.
- Performs daily checks of all rooms in assigned section and reports any discrepancies found.
- Checks VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and daily thereafter to ensure standard is maintained throughout guest stay.
- Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linens, guest supplies and cleaning products according to established stock.
- Ensures that all deep cleaning programs are performed according to established schedules.
- Ensures that plants and flowers look fresh and in good condition and informs the florist of touch-ups to be made.
- Understands and follows all fire safety procedures.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring that they have been understood.
- Train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set up by the department trainer.
- Help with all inventories, which are done on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensures that a complete handover is completed at the end of each shift, recording any relevant information or requests.