Domestic workers

United Arab Emirates speeds up process of cancellation and renewal of residency for domestic workers

The photo has been used for illustration purposes.

Gulf today, Journalist

The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE) has announced the development of services for canceling and renewing the stay of domestic workers and registering complaints about their absence from work. Development is about shortening the steps to perform these services, according to MOHRE.

MOHRE Deputy Undersecretary for Domestic Workers Affairs Khalil Khoury affirmed the ministry’s concern to provide domestic workers ‘services in the simplest way meeting employers’ expectations and fulfilling their joy.

Khoury pointed out that the development of the three services mentioned is part of the first phase of a plan led by the ministry to develop the 18 services of domestic workers.

According to the MOHRE, the employer can perform any of the three services through the ministry’s smart app, without having to enter the username and password. The employer begins by entering his identification number, his date of birth, the verification code in the image that appears on the screen of the application. He will then receive an SMS with a verification code on the mobile number registered with the Federal Authority for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Port Security.

After entering the verification code, the employer then selects the worker needed to perform the service on his file, enters the necessary data and finally pays the costs.

The transaction will then be transmitted to the authority for processing, and an email will be sent to the employer with the payment receipt and a certified copy of the contract (in case of renewal of the stay of the domestic worker).

It should be noted that MOHRE provides 18 services to employers who are considering recruiting domestic workers, which are available on the MOHRE smart app available on Google Play, Apple Store and MOHRE website: ae or the employer can contact the call center on the free number 80060.